login issues

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Fri Jan 2 15:15:34 EST 2009

-- dick hoogendijk <dick at nagual.nl> is rumored to have mumbled on 2. Januar
2009 21:04:37 +0100 regarding login issues:

> All mail users are in sasldb. But now the problem is that I get more
> and more outlook (MS) clients that can't do CRAM-MD5.
> So, I guess the imapd.conf I use needs some tweaking.
> What do I have to change so that outlook express users can login?

We use the following for maximum compatibility, but it requires that all
those SASL modules are actually installed:

allowanonymouslogin: no
allowplaintext: no
sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
sasl_mech_list: DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 PLAIN NTLM LOGIN

That way Outlook can either use NTLM or some SSL/TLS secured connection.
--
Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Flachbau), Zi. 18, Robert-Koch-Str. 10
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK