Separating master processes for different services to utilise multiple cores/cpus

Raymond T. Sundland raymond at sundland.com
Wed Feb 25 18:09:27 EST 2009

When master receives a connection, it spawns a child process to manage
that connection.  That would essentially make it multi-threaded making
use of the multiple CPUs when needed, I would think.  Is that not the
case?  You can launch multiple master processes, but that wouldn't have
any better guarantee to use multiple CPUs, either.