Cyrus DB Errors "DBERROR: error fetching user.username" even after reconstructs

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Tue Feb 10 19:11:16 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 05:20:42PM -0600, Josh Whitver wrote:
> On Feb 10, 2009, at 5:08 PM, Bron Gondwana wrote:
>>>

>> Yeah, you have a broken mailboxes.db I'd say!
>>
>> Here's what I would do:
>>
>> # stop cyrus
>> cyr_dbtool /var/imap/mailboxes.db skiplist show > mailboxes.dump
>> cyr_dbtool -n /var/lib/mailboxes_new.db skiplist set < mailboxes.dump
>> mv /var/imap/mailboxes.db /var/imap/mailboxes_old.db
>> mv /var/lib/mailboxes_new.db /var/imap/mailboxes.db
>> # start cyrus
>>
>> This will give you a brand new clean mailboxes.db (but keep the old
>> one
>> just in case)
>>
>> Bron.
>>

> Thanks - is this one of those operations that will kill the read/unread
> status of my messages, or should all that stuff be preserved?

No, it won't kill anything (hopefully).  You may want to compare the
output of show on the new file with show on the old file.  They _should_
be identical.

If you want to email me (privately) a copy of your old mailboxes.db, I'd
be happy to have a look through it and check for corruption.  Obviously
it contains private details (usernames, folder names and ACLs - no
actual email) of your users, so it's up to you.

Bron ( who knows the skiplist format far too intimately! )