Displaying server metadata

Adam Tauno Williams adam at morrison-ind.com
Mon Feb 9 14:10:49 EST 2009

>> The description of "info" in cyradm is -
>> info                              display mailbox/server metadata
>> But how does one get it to display server metadata?  It will display
>> mailbox metadata,  but I can't find any information on displaying the
>> values set with setinfo (admin/comment/expire/motd/shutdown/squat)
> localhost> setinfo admin "admin at domain.tld"
> localhost> setinfo comment "Comment"
> localhost> setinfo motd "Message Of The Day"
> localhost> info
> Server Wide:
>   admin: admin at domain.tld
> admin:
>   comment: Comment
> comment:
>   motd: Message Of The Day
> localhost>
> Maybe you want to be more verbose?

Ah, it just displays nothing if no values are set, and only the
key:value pairs for values that are set.  I'd tested setting &
unsetting but never "info" while I had values set.... Doh!

I'm writing up some documentation for cyradm and I've never set any of
these values before (been using Cyrus since the 1.5.x days).