Another cache bug!

Patrick Boutilier boutilpj at ednet.ns.ca
Sun Feb 8 20:41:48 EST 2009

Bron Gondwana wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 09:01:47PM -0400, Patrick Boutilier wrote:
>> Bron Gondwana wrote:
>>> What are you seeing in your syslog?  You do read your syslog, right?
>>> (actually, I don't - it's bloody huge.  We have auditlog as well, which
>>> more that doubles its size.  On the other hand, we have a perl program
>>> which reads it in real time and emails us if it sees anything
>>> unexpected)
>> Lots of these:
>>
>> Feb  8 13:33:59 student2 cyr_expire[29242]: IOERROR: reading cache
>> record for user.wooddm: got bogus offset 0 for 68/3; try reconstruct
>> Feb  8 13:33:59 student2 cyr_expire[29242]: failure expiring
>> user.wooddm: System I/O error
>
> Wow, didn't I write a nice syslog message for you.
>
> So - did you try a reconstruct?

No, I wasn't sure if reconstructing would bring back expunged e-mails or
not. Plus I had 3893 accounts showing these errors and once cyr_expire
started working with -X1 I didn't pursue reconstruct. :-)

One thing I forgot to mention is that /var/imap is on an ext4 filesystem
and all the metadata is stored there.

metapartition_files: header index cache expunge squat
metapartition-default: /var/imap/metadata
delete_mode:delayed
expunge_mode:delayed