Best install path for Redhat Enterprise 5

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 08:27:49 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 10:59 PM, John Thomas
<gmane-2006-04-16 at jt-socal.com>wrote:

> D G Teed wrote:
> > I'm looking at the various guides I see from google and from
> > that deposited by Redhat's RPM for cyrus-imapd.  Nothing
> > appears to be really current.
>
> Perhaps rebuilding Simon's rpm will ease your pain:
> http://www.invoca.ch/pub/packages/cyrus-imapd/

Thanks.  That would be useful for working from the latest
or at least more current sources.

I found the problem.  SELinux !

On Redhat 5.3 (Enterprise), with a minimal OS install, there is no
Redhat installer question asking what level of SELinux we want.
By default it is enabled and Enforcing.  This is what caused the
permissions errors accessing the DB files in their non-default location.

I disabled SELinux, rebooted and now the init for cyrus-imapd runs as
expected.

--Donald