cyrus sub folders

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Mon Feb 2 07:58:43 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 02:35:04PM +0200, Mohamed Ali wrote:
> when iam trying to access my mail from pop mail client i got only messages
> that in the inbox and ignores all sub folders i created by squirrel mail or
> even with Cyrus , how can i let cyrus to fetch messages under subfolders
> too?

a) use IMAP, it's better.

b) if you're force to use POP, you can use + addressing in your login to
   select a folder, eg:

USER brong+Lists.Cyrus
PASS xxxxx

NOTE - you still need a separate pop connection for each separate
folder.  POP doesn't have the concept of multiple folders.

Bron ( just use IMAP already )