Cyrus IMAPd 2.3.16 Released

Ken Murchison murch at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Dec 21 16:39:44 EST 2009

Simon Matter wrote:
>> I am pleased to announce the release of Cyrus IMAPd 2.3.16.  This
>> release should be considered production quality.  Major changes in the
>> release are the following:
>>
>> - Added 'user_deny.db' to be able to selectively deny users access to
>>    Cyrus services.
>
> While upgrading my rpms I wanted to see where the db is so I can handle it
> in the package. But I can't find it and even stracing didn't show that the
> file was searched for. Do we have to enable it at compile time or are
> there other options beside userdeny_db to configure it?
> Thanks for any hint.

Its in configdir, along with the rest of the dbs.  Its not created by
default, since its not required for normal operation.

Actually, its not the most efficient implementation right now, since it
does an open/read/close per login.  I need to rework it so that it does
the open at service init time, leaves the db open for reading for the
each process reuse, and closes it at service shutdown time.  This will
take a little work, because we plan on using a remote MySQL database at
CMU, so the actual read function will also have to reconnect if necessary.

--
Kenneth Murchison
Systems Programmer