Strange bug in cyrus (missing folders with reconstruct !)

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Thu Dec 17 19:12:03 EST 2009

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 12:01 +0100, "Denis BUCHER" <dbucherml at hsolutions.ch> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> When doing /usr/sbin/cyrreconstruct -rf user.psmith I have a very very
> strange behavior !
>
> Most of folders are successfully reconstructed except one or two that
> are ignored ???
>
> Example for a folder called "CLIENT". This folder only contains
> subfolders, and no messages, could this be the cause of the bug ?
>
> It seems to be the same problem as described in :
> http://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/pipermail/info-cyrus/2008-May/029171.html
> But they offer no "real" solution...
>
> Thanks a lot for any help (the users are complaining and I'm stuck at
> this problem)

Sorry I didn't look into this earlier.  Do you still have the original filesystem that you
copied these folders from?  Look in there for the original cyrus.header and cyrus.index
files, and copy them into place - then reconstruct.  That way you'll get the flags for
the messages that are there, and possibly even the seen state.

Copying a cyrus.header from somewhere else really isn't a good idea due to the way
cyrus does unique mailbox IDs and then uses them for seen state handling.

Regards,

Bron.
--
  Bron Gondwana