proxyd cpu usage

John Madden jmadden at ivytech.edu
Wed Dec 9 09:48:55 EST 2009

Wesley Craig wrote:
> On 08 Dec 2009, at 18:55, Andrew Morgan wrote:
>> How many mailboxes are returned by these LIST operations?  We run
>> Horde with Cyrus here, but we have no shared mailboxes and no
>> problems with high load on the Cyrus frontends.
>
> How do you have IMP configured?  As I recall, at least in older
> versions, with default configuration, IMP would refresh the folder
> list on each page draw!  Also, LIST can be very expensive, depending
> on a number of factors, e.g., how ACLs are normalized.

We're running DIMP.  As far as I can tell, the bad LISTs only happen
when refreshing the folder list.  That's despite it's "cache the folder
list" config param.  The following config prevents all the nonsense,
while also disabling any folder sharing, which we aren't using anyway:

$servers['imap'] = array(
     'name' => 'IMAP Server',
     'server' => 'localhost',
     'hordeauth' => true,