Need "db_load" or alternate users text file for Cyrus

Denis BUCHER dbucherml at hsolutions.ch
Sun Dec 6 11:57:49 EST 2009

Dear all,

This question is not directly related to cyrus, but to alternate users
and passwords config file, therefore I hope it's still on topic...

On our mail server we are using a very simple file for mail users.
This file is used by cyrus and postifx.

This is how it works :

The /etc/mails/mails.txt is a text file containing groups of two lines,
one for login and one for passwd. Therefore if we have 100 users, the
file is 200 lines long.

And to generate the file used by cyrus and postfix we do the following :

db_load -T -f /etc/mails/mails.txt -t hash /etc/mails/mails.db

Problem :
On SuSE it was working but I don't find db_load on Debian...

Does someone either know where I can find db_load for Debian (would be
the best to avoid changing our admin scripts) or another text file
format I could use easily ?

Thanks a lot for any help !

Denis