Autocreate not working (?)

Denis BUCHER dbucherml at hsolutions.ch
Wed Dec 2 05:28:37 EST 2009

Hello nodens2099,

nodens2099 a écrit :
>> We are trying to migrate from Suse+Cyrus+postfix to Debian+Suse+postfix
>> but we have a problem. When a user logs in for the first time, the Inbox
>> is not created automatically... Does someone knows if we have to add
>> something to cyrus config or why it doesn't work ?
>>
>> For your information, installed cyrus is cyrus-imapd-2.2
>>  2.2.13-14+lenny3.
>>
>> It was working perfectly under SuSE Linux (SLES)
>
> Autocreate is not included in stock cyrus imapd. Debian packages do not
> include the autocreate patch, except in kolab-cyrus-* packages AFAIK.

Ok, but then how should we do ? Should we make a script for this, what
would be the equivalent to autocreate ? What do you think of this :

su - cyrus
cyradm --user cyrus --auth login localhost
(password)
cm user.USERNAME

Would this be the equivalent ?

But now I get "Unrecognized command" when I connect to the mailbox ?
(Before it was something like "Inbox does not exist")

Denis