Ptloader configuration in Cyrus IMAP

Evgeniy Arbatov arbatovevgeniy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 08:33:12 EDT 2009

Dear list,

I want to ask your advice on the use of ptloader for LDAP-based
authorization in Cyrus IMAP.

I configured my Cyrus IMAP to use ptloader:

ldap_uri: ldaps://ldap.example.com:636

ldap_sasl: 0
pts_module: ldap

ldap_filter: (uid=%U)
ldap_base: dc=example,dc=com

ldap_group_filter: (cn=%u)
ldap_group_base: ou=groups,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com

ldap_member_method: attribute
ldap_member_attribute: member
ldap_member_base: ou=users,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com

ldap_size_limit: 20

In the LDAP I have the following entries:

dn: cn=admins,ou=groups,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com
uid: admins
member: cn=Evgeniy Arbatov,ou=users,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com

dn: cn=Evgeniy Arbatov,ou=users,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com
uid: earbatov

Via cyradm I add needed permissions for admins group:

> sam user/postmaster admins lrswipkxte

Then I successfully authenticate using earbatov UID, but shared
folders are not visible in the Thunderbird.

Moreover, I do not see any attempts of Cyrus IMAP to query LDAP for
authorization information. I know that TLS is working for this LDAP
connection.

Can you tell where I am wrong?

Thank you very much!

Regards,