IOERROR: fstating sieve script

brian bally.zijn at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 15:01:20 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 11:50 AM, brian<bally.zijn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anybody?
>
> I tried adding the directories under /var/lib/imap/sieve and copying
> the defaultbc to each. But I'm now getting the following in the log:
>
>  sieve runtime error for ...: Vacation can not be used with Reject or Vacation

I'll try a bit more information. I must be missing something crucial
in setting up these vacation responders. The accounts in question are
virtual domains. The mailboxes have been created under:

/var/lib/imap/domain/LETTER/DOMAIN/user/LETTER/

I need 2 separate autoresponders. I created a single script:
--- snip ---
require ["vacation"];
vacation
  :days 1
  :subject "Out of office reply"
  :addresses ["user_a at DOMAIN","user_b at DOMAIN","user_c at DOMAIN"]
"msg here";

vacation
  :days 1
  :subject "Out of office reply"
  :addresses ["user_d at DOMAIN"]
"other msg here";
--- snip ---

sieveshell placed the defaultbc inside /var/lib/imap/sieve/global/,
which suggests that it will be evaluated for all mailboxes. I guess
that's fine, though I only need it, obviously, for those mailboxes. In
any case, it seems that sieve is ignoring the "global" dir and looking
under:

/var/lib/imap/sieve/domain/LETTER/DOMAIN/user/LETTER/

I removed the global dir and ran:

sieveshell --authname=cyrus --user=user_a at DOMAIN localhost

After put & activate, I see that the defaultbc, etc. have been placed
under sieve/domain/LETTER/etc. However, when I send a mail to this
address, I receieve no reply and the log shows:

Aug 15 14:55:17 logi lmtpunix[32308]: sieve runtime error for
user_a at DOMAIN id <4A87026C.6010305 at MY_DOMAIN>: Vacation can not be
used with Reject or Vacation

In bc_eval.c:

res = do_vacation(actions, toaddr, fromaddr, xstrdup(subject),
		  message, days, mime, handle);

if (res == SIEVE_RUN_ERROR)
	*errmsg = "Vacation can not be used with Reject or Vacation";

This is an unhelpful error msg, IMHO. Does anyone understand what it means?