How to test timsieved

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Wed Aug 12 07:30:06 EDT 2009

Hello,

I am using a program called Ingo to manage my sieve-scripts.
http://www.horde.org/ingo/

But it does not work anymore, when change a sieve script it says:
--------
Changes saved.
There was an error activating the script. The driver said:
"Authentication Error"
--------
The rest of the (web)mail server works fine.

The driver is timsieved. How can I test timsieved directly, so without
Ingo?  I will add some things at the end of the mail what I have
allready tried. I think sieve accepts plain passwords.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

paul at sigmund:/usr/lib/sasl2$ telnet localhost sieve
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
"IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.1.18-IPv6-Debian-2.1.18-5.1"
"SASL" "PLAIN"
"SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope vacation imapflags notify subaddress
relational regex"
OK

paul at sigmund:/usr/lib/sasl2$ imtest -m login localhost
S: * OK sigmund Cyrus IMAP4 v2.1.18-IPv6-Debian-2.1.18-5.1 server ready
C: C01 CAPABILITY
S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ MAILBOX-REFERRALS
NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND SORT
THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES IDLE STARTTLS ANNOTATEMORE
S: C01 OK Completed
Please enter your password:
C: L01 LOGIN paul {6}
S: + go ahead