Cyrus Imap plaintext authentication with saslauth & PAM

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Fri Apr 24 12:10:29 EDT 2009

Kővári János wrote:

>> For trouble shooting, you might want to comment out
>> 'sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd', which will direct imapd to use all
>> available pw_check methods (including auxprop) for plain/login.
>>
> I did that too. When it's commented out, the plain and login methods
> are still not being offered, but neither cram nor digest! And I can
> not login at all. Doesn't accept any passwords.
> So I reverted it to saslauthd.

Try:

sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop

and see if that works.

Also, since your Postfix works, try duplicating its config in
/etc/imapd.conf:

sasl_saslauthd_version: 2
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sasl_mech_list: plain login cram-md5 digest-md5

You'll also need:

sasl_saslauthd_path: /var/spool/postfix/var/run/saslauthd/mux

and remove:

sasl_auto_transition: no

Make sure the cyrus user has permissions to access the mux:

sudo -u cyrus ls /var/spool/postfix/var/run/saslauthd/mux

- Dan