How to eliminate writing the duplicate delivery database ?

Eric Luyten Eric.Luyten at vub.ac.be
Fri Apr 24 09:28:49 EDT 2009

A couple weeks ago, in order to accommodate local users (not) receiving
mail messages written by some Outlook/Exchange correspondants (Message-Id
gets re-used...) I disabled Cyrus duplicate suppression by adding the
following line to my imapd.conf :

   duplicatesuppression: 0

Somewhat naively I thought that Cyrus wouldn't be writing the duplicate
delivery database anymore, but this is not the case.

Is there, other than by patching the C code, a way to disable writing
delivery.db ?

This is a Cyrus 2.2 system, upgrading to 2.3 this summer.

Regards,
Eric Luyten, Computing Centre VUB/ULB.