Question about bulk mailbox transfers between backends

Kendrick Hernandez kendrick.hernandez at umbc.edu
Thu Apr 16 11:08:21 EDT 2009

Hi folks,

We're currently running a Cyrus 2.3.8 murder and are looking to bulk move
several hundred mailboxes from one backend server to another (running either
2.3.8 or 2.3.14).

We've done successful tests of single transfers using cyradm's xfer command, but
I'm wondering if anyone's already written a script for this, before we set out
to re-invent the wheel?

I've been searching the list archives and I've come across some threads
suggesting the use of imapsync, but I'm unfamiliar with that utility. Any
suggestions?

Best regards,
k-

--