Pause while selecting INBOX

Wesley Craig wes at umich.edu
Fri Sep 26 13:37:30 EDT 2008

I'd probably use imtest to connect, get the PID of the server process
that I'm connected to, and then attach to that process with ktrace
(or whatever) with timestamps enabled.  Then I'd select the mailbox
-- this is assuming that mutt is only issuing a select when it says
"Selecting INBOX".  Obviously it could be doing any number of
things.  You can get positive confirmation of which command is taking
a long time by enabling telemetry, of course.

That will tell you what kind of operation is blocking, FWIW.  What
you do thereafter really depends on what you find.

:wes