Several problems with mupdate master.

Wesley Craig wes at umich.edu
Thu Sep 18 21:13:19 EDT 2008

On 13 Aug 2008, at 06:22, UnlimitedMail.net - Carles Xavier Munyoz
Baldó wrote:
> (1) One of the problems I have is that the mupdate master process
> generates
> too many logs lines like these:
> [...]
> Worker thread finished, for a total of 5 (5 spare)
> New worker thread started, for a total of 6
> Worker thread finished, for a total of 5 (5 spare)
> New worker thread started, for a total of 6
> Worker thread finished, for a total of 5 (5 spare)
> New worker thread started, for a total of 6
> [...]

That's a bug in how new threads are created.  More or less, it always
creates two.  I have a fix, but it's for 2.3.12, not 2.2.12.

> master[5709]: process 22275 exited, signaled to death by 6

signal 6 is SIGABRT, which is what happens when abort() is called,
i.e., like an assert() failed.  Have you tried 2.2.13?  At least
that's the latest in the 2.2.x line.

:wes