Cyrus Imap Benchmark

faris farislinux at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 15 01:00:32 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I have a special requirement and need to benchmark cyrus imap with 100K mailboxes having sasld with mysql authentication. the benchmark will be writing mails with 400KB size attachement to all 100K mailboxes, while reading all the 100k mailboxes simultanously, each mailbox have 10MB quota allocated.

Following is the configuration of the server which i am planning to use for the loadtest.

Server Conf: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.80GHz X 4, 4GB ram
OS: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.1
cyrus-sasl-2.1.22-4
cyrus-imapd-2.3.7-1.1.el5
pam_mysql-0.7-0.4.rc1.el5.2
MySQL-server-4.0.24-0
postfix-2.3.11-1.rhel5

Can anybody tell me what is a maximum amount of mailboxes cyrus-imapd supports? also is it possbile for me to go upto 200K mailboxes in a single node ? Are there any tools available to do the benchmark for this scanario ?

Please advice,

Farislinux