Cyrus IMAPd 2.3.13 Released

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Fri Oct 24 19:01:35 EDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 09:02:38AM -0400, Ken Murchison wrote:
> I am pleased to announce the release of Cyrus IMAPd 2.3.13.  This
> release should be considered production quality.
>

> Noteworthy changes:
>
> * Added an experimental "sql" backend for cyrusdb.  Currently MySQL,
>    PostgreSQL, and SQLite are supported.
> * Added support for IMAP [CAPABILITY] response code to client-side
>    of Murder proxies.
> * Added support for ManageSieve auto-capability response after
>    STARTTLS and after AUTH with a SASL security layer.
> * Made MAXWORD and MAXQUOTED sizes configurable via imapd.conf
> * Rewrote cyrusdb_quotalegacy.c to use readir()
>    rather than glob.c.  This avoids a potential crash due to
>    conflicts between glibc and Heimdal implementations of glob().
> * Added support for fulldirhash to 'ctl_mboxlist -v'
> * Several skiplist transaction bugfixes.
> * cyr_expire no longer has a default of 0 (zero) for -X and -D.
>    These options must be used explicitly in order to have the desired
>    effect.
> * Added sieve_utf8fileinto option.
> * Added sieve_sasl_send_unsolicited_capability and
>    sieve_sasl_expect_unsolicited_capability options.
> * Several 32/64-bit compatibility fixes.

  * Changed the list of valid characters in mailbox names, which is
	  interesting because it means that when you upgrade a master and
		not the associated replica, and then someone creates a mailbox
		with those characters and replication breaks.  Bah.

Bron ( at least the fix was easy! Just upgrade the replica )