Folders which automatically mark all messages as read/seen?

Ralph Seichter cyrus-ml at seichter.de
Thu Oct 23 15:48:44 EDT 2008

Jeff wrote:

> Sieve scripts can mark messages as read, though I'm not an expert on
> sieve.

Thanks for your suggestion, Jeff. I tried the following:

  require "fileinto";
  require "imapflags";

  if address :contains ["To", "Cc"] "foo at domain.tld"
  {
      addflag "\seen";
      fileinto "INBOX.foo";
  }

I use Cyrus IMAP Daemon 2.3.12_p2 on Gentoo Linux, and I installed the
Sieve script using the 'sieveshell' utility. The 'fileinto' is executed,
but 'addflag' does not seem to have any effect. I tried both SquirrelMail
and Mozilla Thunderbird as clients, but the messages in folder INBOX.foo
appear as unread/unseen with both, just as in every other folder.

-R