Automatic removal of messages over NN days present in a folder.

Eric Luyten Eric.Luyten at vub.ac.be
Thu Oct 23 10:59:17 EDT 2008

> You're thinking of modifying ipurge to do this?  Sounds like a nice
> idea.  Messages are moved to Trash with COPY, and COPY retains the
> original INTERNALDATE.  However, the last_updated is set to NOW on
> COPY, so that's probably what you want.  ipurge currently supports
> SENTDATE and INTERNALDATE.  A cursory review suggests that adding
> LAST_UPDATED is trivial -- not that I've tested it :)

Okay, thank you for the hint !

> Is there some reason you're not running 2.3.x?  I'm not aware of any
> plans to make new 2.2.x releases, certainly not for feature
> enhancements.

Our 2.2.13 has been running pretty smoothly for little over two years
now. I'm stop/starting it every two months to reduce risk of deliver.db
corruption (we've been bitten by this only twice when running non-stop
for more than half a year).

That's with +50,000 users, 300k mailboxes, +2 TB of messages and 30M
messages in 8 partitions.

2.3 is for 2009

Eric.