Automatic removal of messages over NN days present in a folder.

Eric Luyten Eric.Luyten at vub.ac.be
Mon Oct 20 05:41:47 EDT 2008

At our site we expire Spamboxes after 45 days.
Messages arrive in Spamboxes by auto-triage at delivery
time or when a user moves a false negative into it.

I was thinking of generalizing the 'Trash' concept with
a similar automatic expiry but it appears Cyrus doesn't
quite have the necessary tool(s) for this.

Imagine the Trash folders being auto-emptied after 45 days.
Imagine a message sitting in a user mailbox for 50 days and
which now gets moved to Trash.
The idea is to not have this message removed from the server
the following night but to have the countdown starting at the
time of moving it to Trash.

Any ideas/suggestions for a neat solution or workaround ?

FWIW : this is Cyrus 2.2.13

Thx,
Eric.