IMAPS terminating abnormally

Pascal Gienger Pascal.Gienger at uni-konstanz.de
Tue Oct 14 15:13:14 EDT 2008

David Korpiewski <davidk at cs.umass.edu> wrote:

> Thank you for asking questions, I'm very interested in getting this
> problem solved ASAP.
>
> I have turned on debugging level up by editing my /etc/syslog.conf file
> and adding this line: "local6.debug
> /var/log/mailaccess.log"
> However, I don't see any additional debug information (as shown below).
> I originally had "local6.*" which should have gotten the debug
> information anyways.
>
> The version of the OS is OSX 10.5.5
> The version of cyrus is: (not sure if this is it, but)
> mail2:bin root# ./deliver
> 421-4.3.0 usage: deliver [-C <alt_config> ] [-m mailbox] [-a auth] [-r
> return_path] [-l] [-D]
> 421 4.3.0 v2.3.8-OS X Server 10.5:      9C31

Ok I have to pass.
This is the Apple Version of their Mail Server, they included many
extensions to the original cyrus code. They added netinfo support in SASL2,
and Rendezvous/Zeroconf in IMAP. The only thing I know is that SSL handling
has been improved since Version 2.3.8 (which is supposedly the version
Apple used as its base). We are at 2.3.12, and 2.3.13 as Release Candidate.
Did you open a service request Apple with this issue? If it is OS X 10.5.5
server you'll have support.

If you can live without rendezvous, you can compile an actual release of
Cyrus IMAP, using Apple's SASL2 library. So you won't give up netinfo
capabilities. You will lose Apple support though.

Cyrus IMAP 2.3.12 compiles fine under OS X 10.5 when the Apple SDK is
installed (gcc et.al.).

Pascal