Cyrus 2.3.13 RC3

Larry Rosenbaum rosenbaumlm at ornl.gov
Mon Oct 13 15:45:49 EDT 2008

I can't get it to build.  I get the following:

gcc -c -I.. -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/include  -I/usr/local/ssl/include
-I../com_err/et -I/usr/local/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -g -O2  \
auth_krb5.c
auth_krb5.c:60:18: krb5.h: No such file or directory
auth_krb5.c: In function `mycanonifyid':
auth_krb5.c:104: error: `krb5_context' undeclared (first use in this
function)
auth_krb5.c:104: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
auth_krb5.c:104: error: for each function it appears in.)
auth_krb5.c:104: error: syntax error before "context"
auth_krb5.c:105: error: `krb5_principal' undeclared (first use in this
function)
auth_krb5.c:121: error: `context' undeclared (first use in this function)
auth_krb5.c:124: error: `princ' undeclared (first use in this function)
auth_krb5.c:139: error: `princ_dummy' undeclared (first use in this
function)
gmake[1]: *** [auth_krb5.o] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/cyrus/cyrus-imapd-2.3.13rc3/lib'

I'm not interested in using Kerberos.  I tried --without-krb but got the
same error.  What do I need to change?  I am on Solaris 9 SPARC.  Here is
the configure input and output:

CC=gcc LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib" \
  ./configure \
  --enable-idled \
  --without-krb \
  --with-cyrus-prefix=/usr/local/cyrus \
  --with-dbdir=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2 \
  --with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl \
  --with-sasl=/usr/local

checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.9
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.9
checking for makedepend... makedepend
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /usr/xpg4/bin/grep
checking for egrep... /usr/xpg4/bin/grep -E
checking for AIX... no
checking for library containing strerror... none required
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking for long file names... yes
checking for inline... inline
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... no
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for int... yes
checking size of int... 4
checking for long... yes
checking size of long... 4
checking for size_t... yes
checking size of size_t... 4
checking for off_t... yes
checking size of off_t... 4
checking for long long int... yes
checking size of long long int... 8
checking for unsigned long long int... yes
checking size of unsigned long long int... 8
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... yes
checking for __attribute__... yes
checking if compiler supports -fPIC... yes
checking for runpath switch... -R
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking sys/select.h usability... yes
checking sys/select.h presence... yes
checking for sys/select.h... yes
checking sys/param.h usability... yes
checking sys/param.h presence... yes
checking for sys/param.h... yes
checking stdarg.h usability... yes
checking stdarg.h presence... yes
checking for stdarg.h... yes
checking for memmove... yes
checking for strcasecmp... yes
checking for ftruncate... yes
checking for strerror... yes
checking for strlcat... yes
checking for strlcpy... yes
checking for getgrouplist... no
checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... yes
checking for library containing opendir... none required
checking for connect... no
checking for gethostbyname in -lnsl... yes
checking for connect in -lsocket... yes
checking for res_search... no
checking for dn_expand... yes
checking for dns_lookup... no
checking for getaddrinfo... yes
checking for gai_strerror... yes
checking for getnameinfo... yes
checking whether you have ss_family in struct sockaddr_storage... yes
checking whether you have sa_len in struct sockaddr... no
checking sys/time.h usability... yes
checking sys/time.h presence... yes
checking for sys/time.h... yes
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... time.h
checking for struct tm.tm_zone... no
checking whether tzname is declared... yes
checking for tzname... yes
checking for vprintf... yes
checking for _doprnt... yes
checking db.h usability... yes
checking db.h presence... yes
checking for db.h... yes
checking for bison... no
checking for byacc... no
checking for flex... no
checking for lex... lex
checking lex output file root... lex.yy
checking lex library... -ll
checking whether yytext is a pointer... no
checking for main in -lfl... no
checking pcreposix.h usability... no
checking pcreposix.h presence... no
checking for pcreposix.h... no
checking rxposix.h usability... no
checking rxposix.h presence... no
checking for rxposix.h... no
checking for library containing regcomp... none required
checking for strerror... (cached) yes
checking sys/resource.h usability... yes
checking sys/resource.h presence... yes
checking for sys/resource.h... yes
checking for setrlimit... yes
checking for getrlimit... yes
checking for daemon... yes
checking for setsid... yes
checking for shutdown... yes
checking for setproctitle... no
checking for setproctitle in -lutil... no
checking sys/pstat.h usability... no
checking sys/pstat.h presence... no
checking for sys/pstat.h... no
checking sys/sysnews.h usability... no
checking sys/sysnews.h presence... no
checking for sys/sysnews.h... no
checking for PS_STRINGS... no
checking for SCO... no
checking for setproctitle usability... yes
checking nonblocking method... fcntl
checking timezone GMT offset method... gmtime
checking for shared mmap... yes
checking for fcntl... yes
checking for fdatasync... no
checking for fdatasync in -lrt... yes
checking for sigvec... no
checking for sigvec in -lBSD... no
checking for sigvec in -lucb... yes
checking for res_search in -lresolv... yes
checking krb.h usability... no
checking krb.h presence... no
checking for krb.h... no
configure: WARNING: No Kerberos V4 found
checking for openssl... /usr/local/ssl
checking for ZInitialize in -lzephyr... no
checking for com_err in -lcom_err... no
configure: WARNING: Parts of com_err distribuion were found, but not
compile_et.
configure: WARNING: Will build com_err from included sources.
checking for modern syslog... yes
checking which syslog facility to use... LOG_LOCAL6
checking for getdtablesize... yes
checking to use old sieve service name... no
checking for dlopen... no
checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
checking for crypt... yes
checking gssapi.h usability... no
checking gssapi.h presence... no
checking for gssapi.h... no
checking gssapi/gssapi.h usability... yes
checking gssapi/gssapi.h presence... yes
checking for gssapi/gssapi.h... yes
checking for res_search in -lresolv... (cached) yes
checking for gss_unwrap in -lgssapi... no
checking for krb5int_getspecific in -lkrb5support... no
checking for gss_unwrap in -lgssapi_krb5... no
checking for csf_gss_acq_user in -lgss... no
checking for csf_gss_acq_user in -lgss... no
checking for gss_unwrap in -lgss... yes
checking GSSAPI... with implementation seam
checking for res_search in -lresolv... (cached) yes
checking for gsskrb5_register_acceptor_identity... no
checking sasl/sasl.h usability... yes
checking sasl/sasl.h presence... yes
checking for sasl/sasl.h... yes
checking sasl/saslutil.h usability... yes
checking sasl/saslutil.h presence... yes
checking for sasl/saslutil.h... yes
checking for prop_get in -lsasl2... yes
checking for sasl_checkapop in -lsasl2... yes
checking for perl... perl
checking for MD5Init... no
checking for MD5Init in -lmd... no
checking for long... (cached) yes
checking size of long... (cached) 4
checking what directory libraries are found in... lib
checking for request_init in -lwrap... no
checking libwrap support... no
checking for net-snmp-config... no
checking for sprint_objid in -lsnmp... no
checking UCD SNMP libraries... no
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating man/Makefile
config.status: WARNING:  man/Makefile.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir
setting
config.status: creating master/Makefile
config.status: creating lib/Makefile
config.status: creating imap/Makefile
config.status: creating imtest/Makefile
config.status: creating netnews/Makefile
config.status: creating perl/Makefile
config.status: creating sieve/Makefile
config.status: creating com_err/et/Makefile
config.status: creating timsieved/Makefile
config.status: creating notifyd/Makefile
config.status: creating perl/sieve/Makefile
config.status: creating perl/sieve/lib/Makefile
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: WARNING:  Makefile.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir
setting
config.status: creating config.h