Cyrus 2.3.13 RC2

Ian G Batten ian.batten at uk.fujitsu.com
Wed Oct 8 08:25:24 EDT 2008

On 08 Oct 08, at 1119, Bron Gondwana wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 09:24:49 +0100, "Ian G Batten" <ian.batten at uk.fujitsu.com
> > said:
>> What's the testing status of the SQL backend for cyrusdb?   I'll
>> switch batten.eu.org over to it, but that only has a dozen or so
>> users; ftel.co.uk's 1000+ users might be a little tenser.  I'm keen
>> switch as the ability to replicate cyrusdb as well as replicating the
>> entire mailsystem is attractive.
>
> You are aware that cyrus replication replicates DB records for all the
> important things as well, aren't you?

Yes, of course.  It's just that having, many years ago, experienced
the loss of a cyrusdb, being able to keep up-to-date copies of it
which I can use without the nuclear option of failing over to my off-
site replica is a good thing.  So I will shortly have my whole Cyrus
instance (~60K mailboxes, ~1000 users, ~4TB of mail) replicated via
GigE to a remote site.  But if my local instance went south just
because Cyrus DB had gone, being able to simply switch cyrusdb to a
MySQL/PostgresQL replica while keeping mail service on the master is
preferable to doing a full off-site failover.

ian