Cyrus 2.3.13 RC2

Ken Murchison murch at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Oct 8 06:25:45 EDT 2008

Ian G Batten wrote:

> On 08 Oct 08, at 0536, Bron Gondwana wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 11:33:18AM -0400, Ken Murchison wrote:
>>> I just put together a second release candidate for Cyrus 2.3.13.  I'd
>>> appreciate any independent testing before I release this to the masses.
>>
>> Sorry about the delay in testing - we've had a few exciting issues
>> here that had to be fixed first.
>>
>>> If there are any outstanding issues that you believe still need to be
>>> addressed in 2.3.13, please let me know.
>>
>> No, it's looking good.  I just removed the patches that have gone into
>> CVS from my build tree and it built fine.  Running on our test server
>> now with no problems.  All the patches that have gone upstream have
>> been running happily on our production machines for a bit too.
>>
>> I think now's a good time to release a 2.3.13.
>
> What's the testing status of the SQL backend for cyrusdb?   I'll switch
> batten.eu.org over to it, but that only has a dozen or so users;
> ftel.co.uk's 1000+ users might be a little tenser.  I'm keen to switch
> as the ability to replicate cyrusdb as well as replicating the entire
> mailsystem is attractive.

Minimal.  My boss asked if we could try to get away from BDB and move to
something like SQlite.  I dusted off an old SQL patch that I wrote while
working for my old employer and ported it to the 2.3 code.  We set it up
on a test machine and threw a couple of low volume users on it and the
campus didn't burn down.  We haven't done any kind of load testing or
performance testing yet.  That's why its listed as experimental -- use
at your own risk.

--
Kenneth Murchison
Systems Programmer