Cyrus 2.3.13 RC2

Simon Matter simon.matter at invoca.ch
Tue Oct 7 06:18:01 EDT 2008

> I just put together a second release candidate for Cyrus 2.3.13.  I'd
> appreciate any independent testing before I release this to the masses.
>
> http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~murch/cyrus-imapd-2.3.13rc2.tar.gz
> http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~murch/cyrus-imapd-2.3.13rc2.tar.gz.sig
>

> Noteworthy changes:
>
> * Added an experimental "sql" backend for cyrusdb.  Currently MySQL,
>    PostgreSQL, and SQLite are supported.
> * Added support for IMAP [CAPABILITY] response code to client-side
>    of Murder proxies.
> * Added support for ManageSieve auto-capability response after
>    STARTTLS and after AUTH with a SASL security layer.
> * Made MAXWORD and MAXQUOTED sizes configurable via imapd.conf
> * Rewrote cyrusdb_quotalegacy.c to use readir()
>    rather than glob.c.  This avoids a potential crash due to
>    conflicts between glibc and Heimdal implementations of glob().
> * Added support for fulldirhash to 'ctl_mboxlist -v'
> * Several skiplist transaction bugfixes.
> * cyr_expire no longer has a default of 0 (zero) for -X and -D.
>    These options must be used explicitly in order to have the desired
>    effect.
> * Added sieve_utf8fileinto option.
>
> Check doc/changes.html for a complete list of changes.
>
> If there are any outstanding issues that you believe still need to be
> addressed in 2.3.13, please let me know.

I did some test builds on different systems and found that postgresql
support doesn't work with postgresql 7.1.x and 7.2.x as shown in the error
below. I understand that these are old versions but if there is an easy
workaround for the problem it would still be nice.

One question to the new sieve_utf8fileinto options, is the default that it
behaves like old cyrus versions?

Thanks,
Simon

i386-redhat-linux-gcc -L/usr/lib -lpcreposix -lpcre  -L/usr/lib/mysql
-L/usr/include/mysql  -Wl,-rpath,/usr/include/mysql
-L/usr/include/pgsql/lib  -Wl,-rpath,/usr/include/pgsql/lib   -o imapd \
 ../master/service.o pushstats.o imapd.o proxy.o imap_proxy.o index.o
version.o mutex_fake.o \
libimap.a ../lib/libcyrus.a ../lib/libcyrus_min.a  -lsasl2  -lssl -lcrypto
  -lresolv -lfl  -lresolv   -ldb-3.2 -lmysqlclient -lpq -lpcre -lpcreposix
  -lcom_err -lwrap -lnsl
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libcom_err.so.3, needed by /usr/lib/libpq.so, may
conflict with libcom_err.so.2
../lib/libcyrus.a(cyrusdb_sql.o): In function `_pgsql_escape':
cyrusdb_sql.o(.text+0x4af): undefined reference to `PQescapeBytea'
../lib/libcyrus.a(cyrusdb_sql.o): In function `_pgsql_exec':
cyrusdb_sql.o(.text+0x5ae): undefined reference to `PQunescapeBytea'
cyrusdb_sql.o(.text+0x5d1): undefined reference to `PQunescapeBytea'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [imapd] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/cyrus-imapd-2.3.13rc2/imap'
make: *** [all] Error 1