Cyrus-IMAPD Hot Standby Configuration

Wesley Craig wes at umich.edu
Mon Nov 24 13:56:01 EST 2008

On 24 Nov 2008, at 13:10, Helmut Weigel wrote:
> I found a description an the net
> http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/imapd/install-replication.html
> but it's from 2005

Definitely a bit dated, but replication is also much more mature now.

> so my question is: Is this still the recommended way for doing
> replication or is there something new?

It is the recommended approach, yes.  There are definitely other
options, e.g., "mupdate_config: replicated" plus a HA disk system is
another (much more expensive) method.

> we are using cyrus-imapd-2.2.8-1 release from Red Hat Enterprise
> Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update)

Replication requires 2.3.x and 2.3.13 is the best replicating cyrus
imapd available.

:wes