Archiving emails with Cyrus

Alexandros Gougousoudis gougousoudis-list at servicecenter-khs.de
Mon Nov 24 10:16:03 EST 2008

Hi Adam,

Adam Tauno Williams schrieb:
> Are you looking to archive message for data-retention or because you
> need to recover capacity?

I'll need both, sooner or later. For the moment it'll be enough to gain
some more capacity. Thanks for your answer.

>> Thunderbird offers the possibility to mark a mail with an editable
>> Keyword (right mouseclick) even as a bulk operation on all selected emails.
>>
> Does that actually get saved to the server?  Or just in TB's cache?

Good question. I played around a bit, and looked in the cyrus mail
spool, but it seems these marks are not transferred back to the server.

> plication to do some management of Cyrus.  Currently it profiles a
> mailstore and creates a graph relating age of messages to storage
> space consumed.

I could do that with php, but if the users can't mark their messages to
be archived, than it'll not be flexible enough. I can do that, just by
date, but that's not what I want.

cu
 Alex