Planning for load balancing

Duncan Gibb Duncan.Gibb at SiriusIT.co.uk
Wed Nov 19 11:08:22 EST 2008

Jacco Rens wrote:

JR> I'm currently running Apple's Mac OS X Server as mail server
JR> for about 100 users. The current setup has problem keeping up
JR> with all those users, since cyrus is limited to 300 sessions.

You should be able just to bump up the maxchild setting for the relevant
service(s) in cyrus.conf

We regularly run with maxchild=500 or more for both imap and imaps on
non-exotic x86_64 hardware.  I doubt you need anything more complex for
only 100 users.

Cheers

Duncan

--
Duncan Gibb, Technical Director
Sirius Corporation plc - The Open Source Experts