Thunderbird with cyrus-imapd: Why chose client certificate?

Jorey Bump list at joreybump.com
Fri Nov 14 08:40:58 EST 2008

Frank Richter wrote, at 11/14/2008 03:20 AM:

> Thanks, but ...
> I did this - not defining a tls_ca_file, and adding my CA chain to
> tls_cert_file. I'm getting the same behavior - Thunderbird is asking for a
> client cert. And the log entry:
>    TLS server engine: No CA file specified. Client side certs may not work

Just a thought: Do you have "Use secure authentication" checked in
Thunderbird's server settings for that account? It's always annoyed me
that you can't explicitly set which "secure" mechanism to use (CRAM-MD5,
DIGEST-MD5, GSSAPI, etc.). I wouldn't be surprised if it's trumping the
other mechanisms because you have a client certificate installed.