Load balance multiple servers with common storage

ram ram at netcore.co.in
Tue Nov 11 05:54:15 EST 2008

I have been googling but couldnt see any concrete answer
Is it possible to load balance multiple cyrus imapd connections with
multiple servers connecting to same common storage

Say , I mount the /var/spool/imap and /var/imap and the sieve dir from a
SAN box on 2+ servers, Any user trying to access his mailbox will
connect to any server using a h/w load balancer
Irrespective of which server he connects to he will always see the same
mailbox

Is this a feasible solution. Will it not create locking issues on the
mailboxes.db How many imap processes can a single mailboxes.db handle If
I want to give a zero delay response.
If there is requirement for more mailboxes , I just add more frontend
boxes behind the load balancer.

Can this work ?

Thanks
Ram