Unpredictable results from imapsync runs

Ciprian Marius Vizitiu (GBIF) cvizitiu at gbif.org
Mon Nov 3 13:04:18 EST 2008

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to migrate a small 120GB IMAP store from a 32 bit Cyrus 2.2.12 on
RHEL4 to a 64 bit Cyrus 2.3.7 running on RHEL5.

Multiple test runs of imapsync on a 4.2 GB folder will result in annoying
errors e.g. one of the destinations will show some extra 5 unread messages
(in one folder) and/or 2 messages missing in another =:-o ... No easy way to
predict which folder will be affected and I'm sure nobody's been messin'
with the affected test folders.

A scan of the logs left me empty handed so any hints would be appreciated.
o:-)