lmtp problem - end of file reached

Ian Eiloart iane at sussex.ac.uk
Fri May 23 09:10:48 EDT 2008

> If I remember right, the -a option does not do anything when operating in
> a Murder cluster.  It is not too hard to setup LMTP authentication using
> Postfix.  You should be able to setup LMTP auth in your current
> environment, then remove the -a option, and continue with your Murder
> testing.
>
>  	Andy

Thanks, that's a useful idea. Actually, I've settled on starting a second
lmtp listener on the backend, this one with authentication. It requires me
to use a separate port, but that seems to work ok.

Presumably I need to authenticate using the values of
    proxy_authname:
and
    proxy_password:
as defined in imapd.conf?

Hmm, anyone else considering trying this on a live service should make sure
that soft_noauth: is enabled. Otherwise, you'll reject email deliveries in
the event that your authentication fails.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex