are these error messages severe? and how to fix them?

mahecha at jsums.edu mahecha at jsums.edu
Tue May 20 09:55:28 EDT 2008

Thanks, all for your responses....
I still have some questions,
though:

1. under what conditions will cyrus delete or
"hide" messages from the users' (and admins) sight.... if it
does it at all?

2. Ihave been running this cyrus for about 2
yrs now, and never done any maintenance; does cyrus takes care of its own?
if not, what is suggested? I do backups every night, export the db to a
txt files, etc. but nothing else...

Thanks, again

> On Mon, 19 May 2008 21:07:55 +0200 (CEST), "Simon
Matter"
> <simon.matter at invoca.ch> said:

>> email
squirrelmail) in one computer, then he logged out, and some time
open squirrelmail, and his mail was gone....

couple of
assures me that he did not delete anything....

like this:

ccaix imaps[8619]: skiplist: recovered

/var/lib/imap/user/C/user^name.seen (3 records, 7316 bytes) in 0
>> seconds
>>
>> I think skiplist files
are always "recovered" when they are opened. So

that is not a sign of anything wrong.

> Yeah, all that
means is that the timestamp of the skiplist file is earlier

than the timestamp of the last time cyrus was started. A
"recovery" just
> goes through the file and makes sure
that all the pointers are correct.

> That message is