Cyrus questions, lost emails, reconstruct

Simon Matter simon.matter at invoca.ch
Fri May 16 11:29:37 EDT 2008

>> my
>> own PAM module which denies all upper case usernames (we wanted all
>> lowercase). http://www.invoca.ch/pub/packages/pam_deny_uc/
>>
>> Simon
>>

> There is a squirrelmail option for this...
> $force_username_lowercase = true;

Thanks for the info, that's good to know.

The problem we had was that we had all kind of apps and just couldn't
check every single app whether it has a way to force lowercase usernames.
The group of apps was not limited to email related things like MTA's,
cyrus and others. The easiest way was to simply deny all uppercase
usernames, no matter where they came from.

Simon