Cyrus questions, lost emails, reconstruct

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Thu May 15 06:40:18 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 11:44 PM, Derrick Seymour <seymourdh at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Blake,
>
> --- Blake Hudson <blake at ispn.net> wrote:

What is the -i for ?
The -r was broken until last last 2.3.12 ! You must use
$ reconstruct -r user/shortname/*
to take care of subdirectories and add -f to discover unknown directories.

Can you give more information about your system ? OS, cyrus version ?
How long did it operate without problems ? Did you change anything ? Even
something you thing is unreleated ?

> I have to assume if the inbox
> didn't get corrupted that the missing emails in
> question would be there.  I have tried to copy emails
> from inbox to a folder in side the usernames folder,
> upon a reconstruct -r those emails are now viewable,
> but the main inbox is still corrupt.

Try to reset the cyrus.index file before to reconstruct, because cyreconstruct
could try to reuse it.
something like
# echo > cyrus.index
or just delete it

Regards

> Just a few things I tried if any of this helps.
>
> Thanks again for you help in advance
>
> Derrick
> ----

Alain Spineux