thunderbird sieve certificate issues

Roland Felnhofer roland.felnhofer at chello.at
Sun May 11 07:42:49 EDT 2008

Hi Marc,

it's as Thunderbird Sieve problem, again.
let me guess your Sieve supports 'LOGIN' and 'PLAIN' and maybe some
other authentication protocols.
'Thunderbird Sieve' says it support 'LOGIN' and 'PLAIN' as well.
Unfortunately the 'LOGIN' code in 1.4 of Thunderbird Sieve is full of
bugs! You have to use 'PLAIN'!

There are two possibilities (I don't think you want to change your Sieve
daemon) to do so.

1) Load down the current Thunderbird Sieve CVS in the Settings tab you
can set the protocol.

2) Go into the 'SieveFilterExplorer.js'-file and comment out the
'case'-statement beginning line 24
//      case "login":
//        request = new SieveSaslLoginRequest();
//          request.addSaslLoginListener(event);
//        break;

I'm using now Sieve 1.4 CVS  but currently facing a little issue. I
think I'll fix it tonight (CET). If you want I can send you the 1.4 CVS
xpi-file.

Cheers
Roland