Backscatter solutions

Andy Fiddaman cyrus at fiddaman.net
Fri May 9 08:27:28 EDT 2008

On Fri, 9 May 2008, Mike Cathey wrote:
; On May 9, 2008, at 3:05 AM, Andy Fiddaman wrote:
; > Pretty much the only way to stop this is to use something like BATV to
; > tweak your envelope sender address outbound. That still doesn't stop
; > everything as out-of-office replies are usually sent from a real address.
;
; BATV changes the from address of outbound messages.  How well do mailing lists
; deal with users that send messages from a different address each time?  Is
; there a nice workaround for this?

It only changes the envelope address, leaving the From: message header
intact. In my experience mailing lists validate the From: header not the
return path so no problems.

I haven't found any problems in the past year I've been using it.

HTH.

A.