timsieved logon problem

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.nl
Fri May 2 05:33:22 EDT 2008

Simon Matter wrote:
>> On Thu, 1 May 2008 13:22:34 +0200
>> Dick Hoogendijk <dick at nagual.nl> wrote:
>>
>>> I use SquirrelMail version 1.4.13 an Cyrus-2.3.11 from Blastwave
>>> Stable on solaris 10. I never experienced problems before, but today
>>> I wanted to add a filter from within SquirrelMail and got this
>>> warning:
>>>
>>> Could not log on to timsieved daemon on your IMAP server yanta:2000.
>>> Please contact your administrator.
>>
>> Cyrus-master is running. Cyrus works as it should. Clients are served
>> the way it used to be. The *only* thing different is that I can no
>> longer access the sieve mailfilters from squirrelmail. I "could not log
>> on to timsieved"
>
> If I got it right your sieve service listens on 127.0.0.1:2000 and your
> squirrelmail tries to access it as yanta:2000. I don't expect 'yanta'
> resolve to 127.0.0.1 so I don't think this could ever work.

If that were true, how could it have ever worked? Yanta is the cyrus
mailer machine and known through internal dns for years.
Can I make the sieve service listen on a specific IP?

Sieveshell on yanta does work btw. From the sieve extension for
thunderbird I get the impression that something has changed in the
authorization procedure. All email connections are with CRAM-MD5. No
tls/ssl, no plain logins. So all connections must be secure? Has something
changed from cyrus-2.3.9 to 2.3.11 in this matters? Because it all started
after this CSWpackage upgrade from xx.9 to xx.11

I'll post my cyrus.conf here too, because I really would like this matter
solved if it can be ;-)

[cyrus.conf]
configdirectory: /opt/csw/var/cyrus/config
partition-default: /opt/csw/var/cyrus/mail
sievedir: /opt/csw/var/cyrus/sieve
admins: cyrus
unixhierarchysep: no
altnamespace: no
munge8bit: yes
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
# sasl_mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN
# autocreatequota: -1
# createonpost: yes
tls_ca_file: /opt/csw/ssl/private/imap/server.pem
tls_cert_file: /opt/csw/ssl/private/imap/server.pem
tls_key_file: /opt/csw/ssl/private/imap/server.pem
[/cyrus.conf]

Any ideas, tips are most welcome and appreciated.

--
Dick Hoogendijk -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ http://lossehandjes.nl/ | SunOS 10u3 ++