Solved: Re: Help please, cyrus imapd production system down

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Thu Mar 27 14:11:57 EDT 2008

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008, Mike Eggleston wrote:

> Problem solution:
> remove the user's seen file at /var/lib/imap/user/?/$USER.seen
>  no restarting of cyrus required after removing the broken file
>
> Environment:
> Fedora Core 5 (current patches)
> # rpm -qa | grep cyrus
> cyrus-imapd-devel-2.3.1-2.8.fc5
> cyrus-sasl-lib-2.1.21-10
> cyrus-sasl-2.1.21-10
> cyrus-imapd-utils-2.3.1-2.8.fc5
> cyrus-sasl-ldap-2.1.21-10
> cyrus-imapd-2.3.1-2.8.fc5
> cyrus-sasl-devel-2.1.21-10

There have been quite a few reliability fixes in skiplist handling added
over the 2.3 lifecycle.  Upgrading to a current version of Cyrus should
help.

We haven't had corrupted skiplist seen files in quite a while.  I have
only recently upgraded from 2.2.13 to 2.3.11, so I can't really say which
version of Cyrus fixed the problem for us.

 	Andy