STARTTLS on Cyrus IMAPd 2.3.11

Patrick T. Tsang patrick at patricktsang.net
Wed Mar 19 19:07:41 EDT 2008

hello,

try this:
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN

patrick

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jorey Bump" <list at joreybump.com>
To: "Sebastian Hagedorn" <Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de>
Cc: <info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu>
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 6:49 AM
Subject: Re: STARTTLS on Cyrus IMAPd 2.3.11

Sebastian Hagedorn wrote, at 03/19/2008 04:03 AM:
> -- Jorey Bump <list at joreybump.com> is rumored to have mumbled on 19.
> März 2008 01:09:31 -0400 regarding Re: STARTTLS on Cyrus IMAPd 2.3.11:
>
>> Can anyone confirm that STARTTLS connections to
>> port 143 work with 2.3.11?
>
> Of course they do. We've been running 2.3.11 for a few months now and
> haven't had any issues with it. There must be another variable somewhere
> - perhaps the OpenSSL version.

Thanks for the confirmation. I wasn't sure how widely deployed 2.3.11
is, since it's still listed as a testing release. I've just installed it
on a system like the one I have my production 2.3.7 instance on, and
it's displaying similar (but not identical) errors with OpenSSL 0.9.7l,
so it might not be related to the OpenSSL version. I have to do more
testing...
----