Migrate all to skiplist?

Shelley Waltz shwaltz at cabm.rutgers.edu
Wed Mar 12 12:02:30 EDT 2008

I am migrating my 200 users from a RHAS3 cyrus-imapd-2.2.3 install to a
RHAS5 cyrus-imapd-2.3.7 install.

I have been happy with the current setup with the exception of issues with
the Berkeley DB for mailboxes and deliver.  Recovering a corrupt
maiboxes.db has been extememly slow, taking on the order of 6hrs to
recover from the flat file dump.  On occasion I have had to delete the
deliver.db and restart.

Reading through many posts, is there any reason to not use skiplist for
all the databases?  Although I have 200 users, at any given time, only
half are actively using their account.  Our traffic is light for the most
part.

The 2.3.7 defaults as listed in "man impad.conf" seem to indicate
that berkeley-nosync is used for duplicate and tlscache and berkeley for
ptscache(?)  Flatfile for subscription and quotalegacy for quota.

This will be a single server with a single replica.  Are there any issues
with not using skiplist for all under this setup?

thanks
SWaltz

{ Shelley Waltz
  Center for Advanced Biotechnology and Medicine
  Rutgers University / UMDNJ
  679 Hoes Lane
  Piscataway, NJ 08854-5638
  732 235 3346 };