Mime Parsing

Peter A. Friend octavian at corp.earthlink.net
Wed Jun 25 22:30:50 EDT 2008

Judy Northrop wrote:
> I just joined this list with the hope of correcting a problem with my
> mail.  I configured my Solaris 10/postfix system about 18 months ago and
> recently started getting corrupt pdf files.  I began searching the list
> archives but have not located and common thread.  My Imap configuration
> is,

Judy,

A few questions. First, that base64 data at the end of your example, was
it really that truncated, or did you just include a few lines? I ask
because several crucial bits of information are missing. I would need to
see the main header of the message to see what the Content-Type and MIME
boundary strings are set to. From your example, it would appear that the
top level boundary string is "------=_Part_23627_8483441.1214401029804".
One MIME section with that boundary is a standard multipart with one
plain text and one html portion. Those parts have their own boundary
which is "----=_Part_23628_23828759.1214401029804". That boundary is
properly terminated. What I don't see is the closing marker for the
first boundary string (the one that ends with --). Have you looked at
the raw message file delivered by Postfix, and is that truncated?

Peter