pam pop issue

Ashay Chitnis chitnis.ashay at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 13:19:11 EDT 2008

Dear All,

I need to access pop and imap  on user based IP level restrictions. I found
pam to be best suited for this service level restriction. The restriction
will be as below.

User pqr should be allowed POP from IPADDR-1
User B should be allowed IMAP from IPADDR-2
User C should be allowed POP and IMAP from IPADDR-3

and so on.

To achieve this below settings are done in  /etc/pam.d/pop

cat /etc/pam.d/pop
auth    required        /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
account required  /lib/security/pam_access.so debug
accessfile=/usr/local/etc/popaccess.conf
account required        /lib/security/pam_ldap.so

cat  /usr/local/etc/popaccess.conf

+:pqr:192.168.2.66/32

OR

-:pqr:ALL EXCEPT 192.168.2.66/32

But this does not see to be working as it is not yielding desired effect
even after restarting saslauthd and cyrus..

Kindly guide me through..

regards
Ashay