seen db

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Tue Jun 10 09:07:19 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 12:02:44PM +0200, Rudy Gevaert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm seeing this in my logs
>
> mail5r/syncserver[19755]: seen_db: user nick^andries at ugent.be opened
> /mail/mail5r/var/imap/domain/u/ugent.be/user/n/nick^andries.seen
> mail5r/master[12683]: process 19755 exited, signaled to death by 11
> mail5r/master[12683]: service syncserver pid 19755 in BUSY state:
> terminated abnormally
>
> Deleting the seen file on the replica, or reconstructing doesn't help.
> I need to delete the mailbox on the replica and resync it.
>
> It's only for certain users, so I don't think it has to do with my
> upgrade from sarge to etch.  (I brought down my lun on sarge machine,
> and brought it up on the etch machine).  I'm running 2.3.12p2 on sarge
> and etch.
>
> An other downside is that my replication hangs on that user.
> sync_client bails out, and restarts but with that user...  So he keeps
> retrying.
>
> I would appreciate further help in debugging the problem.

Are you running a 64 bit kernel?

(just wondering - we have hit pretty much the same issue - and were
wondering about dodgy kernel issues being a proble - it's only one
machine that seems to have corrupted seen files, only on replicas)

We've been running 2.3.12 for about a week, and it's only last night
that we had anything funny show up at all.

Interestingly, it's probably the first time cyr_expire ran on 2.3.12
just before that - and also the first time our check-replication
script was running, which loads a lot of seen files on BOTH ends.

Bron.