Authentication problem

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 9 06:07:45 EDT 2008

--- Simon Matter <simon.matter at invoca.ch> wrote:

- snip -

> > cyrus.conf and imapd.conf are as follows.  Those lines, commented
> out,
> > have been deleted to shorten the length of this posting.
>
> OK, since you are using saslauthd you should also post the saslauthd
> and
> related configs (PAM or whatever mech you are using).

$ cat /etc/default/saslauthd
#
# Settings for saslauthd daemon
#

# Should saslauthd run automatically on startup? (default: no)
START=yes

# Which authentication mechanisms should saslauthd use? (default: pam)
#
# Available options in this Debian package:
# getpwent  -- use the getpwent() library function
# kerberos5 -- use Kerberos 5
# pam       -- use PAM
# rimap     -- use a remote IMAP server
# shadow    -- use the local shadow password file
# sasldb    -- use the local sasldb database file
# ldap      -- use LDAP (configuration is in /etc/saslauthd.conf)
#
# Only one option may be used at a time. See the saslauthd man page
# for more information.
#
# Example: MECHANISMS="pam"
MECHANISMS="pam"

# Additional options for this mechanism. (default: none)
# See the saslauthd man page for information about mech-specific
options.
MECH_OPTIONS=""

# How many saslauthd processes should we run? (default: 5)
# A value of 0 will fork a new process for each connection.
THREADS=5

# Other options (default: -c)
# See the saslauthd man page for information about these options.
#
# Example for postfix users: "-c -m
/var/spool/postfix/var/run/saslauthd"
# Note: See /usr/share/doc/sasl2-bin/README.Debian
OPTIONS="-c  -m /var/spool/postfix/var/run/saslauthd -r"
* end *

$ locate pam
/etc/pam.conf
/etc/pam.d
/etc/pam.d/atd
/etc/pam.d/chage
/etc/pam.d/chfn
/etc/pam.d/chsh
/etc/pam.d/common-account
/etc/pam.d/common-auth
/etc/pam.d/common-password
/etc/pam.d/common-session
/etc/pam.d/cron
/etc/pam.d/cupsys
/etc/pam.d/cvs
/etc/pam.d/dovecot
/etc/pam.d/groupadd
/etc/pam.d/groupdel
/etc/pam.d/groupmod
/etc/pam.d/imap
/etc/pam.d/lmtp
/etc/pam.d/login
/etc/pam.d/newusers
/etc/pam.d/other
/etc/pam.d/passwd
/etc/pam.d/pop
/etc/pam.d/ppp
/etc/pam.d/sieve
/etc/pam.d/ssh
/etc/pam.d/su
/etc/pam.d/sudo
/etc/pam.d/useradd
/etc/pam.d/userdel
/etc/pam.d/usermod
/etc/pam.d/vsftpd
* end *

$ cat /etc/pam.conf
#
---------------------------------------------------------------------------#
# /etc/pam.conf
     #
#
---------------------------------------------------------------------------#
#
# NOTE
# ----
#
# NOTE: Most program use a file under the /etc/pam.d/ directory to
setup their
# PAM service modules. This file is used only if that directory does
not exist.
#

# Format:
# serv. module     ctrl       module [path]     ...[args..]
     #
# name  type       flag
     #
 * end *

What other file/files I have to check ?  Thanks.

B.R.
Stephen